In the Black!

I'm dabbling in the black,

Like a drowned red cherry,
Deaf and dumb and blind,
And yet nothing to worry!

I'm crawling on the floor,
Babbling ceaselessly and
One time I cry to mommy,
"I waant dhe elloo candee".

I'm inching to the school,
Holding dad's broad hands,
With white and grey shades,
Come friends and funky grades!

I'm soaring to the blue skies,
Diving down the lush valleys,
At the first kiss of adolescence,
I dream of dames and damsels!

I'm walking on my twos,
Past the girl in pink saree,
She's of sweet disposition,
And soon, we get married!

I'm prancing about proudly,
With her cradled in my arms,
In a green garden of my own,
Love and duty to be shown!

I'm ambling down the alley,
Looking at posters of my baby,
Turning orange and purple,
It's time for her espousal!

I'm running down memory lane,
To fetch foregone hazy scenes,
And make a chatoyant movie,
Dazzled eye used to be groovy!

I'm walking on my fours,
Stumbling and drooping,
Bent back bear no more and
The saggy skin shine no more!

I'm slumbering in the black,
Like a dead red cherry,
Deaf and dumb and blind,
And yet nothing to worry!

Comments

Adriene said…
The cycle of life, love it!

Popular posts from this blog

The ninety-four shades of E.V. Ramasamy "Periyar" Naidu

Forbidden history: V.O. Chidambaram Pillai

Forbidden history: Vanchinathan, the young freedom fighter